Self-Cleaning glass features a coating that reacts with sunlight to break down dirt on the surface of the glass. In addition any rain ‘sheets’ away quickly, rather than forming droplets and leaving unsightly ‘drying spots’.
Unfortunately the effectiveness of self-cleaning glass can be stifled by the use of standard silicones, which are not designed for use with self-cleaning glass. In addition, standard silicones can leave unsightly marks on the glass that may prove very difficult to remove.
Truly offer a super strong adhesive sealant that is an ideal product for Sealing Self-Cleaning Glass. This product is an Advanced Polymer called GB Pro, which is non-silicone, so it’s safe to use with self-cleaning glass.
What is even more amazing is that it can be applied under water and bond wet surfaces!
GB Pro is a one part, high quality, high modulus sealing and bonding material based on advanced hybrid polymer technology. A totally neutral “hybrid” sealant for use in areas requiring a tough elastic rubber joint or as an adhesive with superior bonding strength. Conforms to ISO11600-F&G- 20HM.
Uses for GB PRO Advanced Polymer
- Filling and sealing joints, cracks and holes
- Bonding wood and wooden joints on ship decks
- High quality glazing sealant (incl. burglar safe glazing)
- Safe for self-cleaning glass
- Universal waterproof construction adhesive
- Bonding concrete, gypsum board and wood
- Bonding PVC, plastics, polystyrene and ceramics
- Bonding glass, polycarbonates and mirrors (with an acetone resistant backing)
- Bonding metals (copper, lead, zinc, aluminium, stainless steel)
- Ideal for showers, baths, spouting and guttering
Features and Benefits
- High modulus – remains permanently flexible
- Apply in all weather conditions
- Anti-Fungal and Anti-Bacterial – kills germs and prevents mould
- Can overpaint with waterbased paints
- Absorbs vibration
- Cures rapidly
- Resistant to UV radiation
- Water resistant (including sea water), mould and chlorine.
- Excellent adhesion to most surfaces (even moist surfaces)
- Will not discolour surfaces
- Suitable to wet-on-wet application