Get refurbishment quote TODAY from Truly
Failed Double-Glazed Units
A ‘failed unit’, also known as a ‘blown unit’, manifest as misted windows and are commonly caused by holes in the seal around the double-glazed unit.
The desire to clear misted windows and improve thermal efficiency are the most common reasons for new double-glazed units.
A ‘Failed Unit’
Double glazing can develop a misted appearance when double-glazed units fail, also known as a ‘blown unit’ or ‘failed unit’.
Holes in the seal around the double-glazed unit is a common cause of misted double glazing. Such holes need only be small to draw moisture from the atmosphere, which then causes what looks like condensation inside the window unit
Once inside the unit’s cavity, changes in temperature can cause the moisture to condense.
As more moisture is drawn in, with nowhere to go, units can end up holding considerable amounts of water.
Replacing misted double glazing
There are a number of repair techniques that some claim will solve the problem of misted double glazing, most of which involve drilling into the unit.
We don’t recommend such approaches as they can result in air circulating between the panes of glass, therefore no longer operating as a sealed, energy efficient window.
Furthermore, those techniques seldom remove any staining that has taken place and are more likely to fail again.
Windows are rated using a traffic light system to illustrate the level of efficiency, rather like that used for ‘white goods’ such as fridges and washing machines. Rating levels range from the most efficient ‘A’ rating through to ‘G’ rating.
Higher energy efficiency means greater all-year-round comfort and reduced heating bills.
Benefits of using our replacement service
- Quick turnaround of quote
- Fully serviceable BBA approved parts
- Specialist fitting teams
- Insurance-backed guarantee available
Call the experts on 0161 339 4982
- We can fix leaking conservatory roofs, conservatories that are too hot / too cold and misted double glazing – once and for all.
- Our experience in designing, installing and maintaining conservatories will help restore yours to full working order, becoming a room that you can enjoy for years to come.
- Fully insured, professional experienced staff.